Sleep AdviceProper rest is a major ingredient to a productive life. Count on Oasis Bedrooms to educate you on the requirements for a good night's sleep.
Don't cheat your body and mind out of the renewing power of sleep. Without enough quality rest, it becomes increasingly difficult to participate in the activities of daily life. However, there are things you can do to positively impact your sleep patterns.
There are many variables that impact your ability to sleep well including:
- Age and Type of Mattress,
- Sleep Environment, and
- Health Problems.
Read more about how you can improve your sleep by controlling your sleep environment and your sleep preparation routine.
- Diet and exercise are not the only essential ingredients required for mental, emotional, and physical well-being. The amount and the quality of sleep you get each night also contributes to your overall health.
- While exercise is important to a healthy lifestyle, engaging in it prior to bedtime could actually prevent you from falling asleep due to the stimulating effect exercise has on the body.
- Don't let excessive napping rob you of your nighttime dream session. Limit napping to 30 minutes to feel refreshed without creating sleepless nights.
- A good night's rest requires preparation. A sleep routine trains your body for rest, reducing the opportunity for sleepless nights or oversleeping.
- Light, loose-fitting pajamas and warm socks for cold feet are the best attire for a good night's sleep.
- Late evening snacks are more likely to leave you lying awake at night rather than encourage you to fall into a deep snooze.
- While it may be convenient to dose off to your favorite re-run or the nightly news, a television in the bedroom is more likely to delay or impede on your ZZZZs time.
- Reading a book is an excellent sleep-prep activity. Be careful not to select a title that is too stimulating or you'll be in for a drowsy morning.
- For a good night's sleep, clear your mind by recording your thoughts in a journal, counting sheep or meditating.
- • The darker your room, the better your night's sleep will be.
- • We can't always control the sights and sounds that invade our sleep chamber. Invest in ear plugs and a sleep mask to free yourself from unwanted sleep intrusions.
- Your mattress and pillows should be replaced every 5 to 7 years for optimal sleep conditions. If not, your slumber could be plagued with back, neck, and shoulder pain.
- Signs that your mattress may be too old, include:
- Upon waking, you suffer from stiff joints, numb fingers or legs, backaches and neck pains.
- Your mattress sags or has lumps.
- The key to selecting a mattress depends on the proper spine and joint support it provides and the comfort of the sleep surface.